Well, a whole lot and I hope to show you everything soon!
But for now I have a confession to make...I have been playing in chalkboard paint.
It seems as if everybody has tried their hand at it. I have been seeing everything painted with it! From canisters, walls, doors and everything in between. I have to say that I truly love it and have been so inspired by all the wonderful things I have seen done with it that I could seriously have something in every room painted with it. But for now I'll just settle on the refrigerator. Yes, I said refrigerator...Yes, I know I'm crazy but check this out:
This is what it looked like before, nothing fancy and in need of being replaced by a nice BIG stainless steel one. However, I have ZERO refrigerator funding so I decided to make it into something that I can live with for a while longer:)
- I started by removing the hardware off the front of the refrigerator. It was very easy, the handles just screwed right off.
- I gave the front a good scrub with fine grit sand paper to tone down some of the texture and also to give the paint something to adhere to.
- Next I taped off the edges with painters tape because I only wanted the front to be the chalkboard.
- I then primed with Kilz oil based primer
- Don't forget to sand in between coats! (you want it as smooth as possible)
- I did three coats of the chalkboard paint with a small roller brush.
I think that I like it even more without the handles so I'm just going to leave them off.
I think it turned out well and I like it so much better than before don't you:)
O yea and the kids love it too!