Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Halloween Wreath

Have you noticed that everywhere you look Halloween stuff is popping up!  I can't believe it is already that
time of year again!  I am really excited about Halloween but I bet you can't guess why...because I LOVE CANDY CORN Mm mm, I can't wait.  Last year I didn't get to the store to buy candy until the day before Halloween and all the regular candy corn was gone:( All they had left was flavored candy corn, chocolate and caramel apple.  I bought it anyway because, well you know, beggars can't be choosers and it was YUCK! So gross! Oh the disappointment.  I will never do that again.  I learned there is no substitute for good ol' regular candy corn. 
So in anticipation of candy corn season I have been picking up some little things here and there while out shopping to add to my Halloween decorating stash;

.
but they have been

 just sitting here lonely

  in a bag 
             
 waiting for inspiration to strike.

Until yesterday right before it was time to get ready for work then I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.  That is some inopportune timing!  And I could not wait so I rushed around, pulled all of my stuff out and feverishly went to work like the mad scientist on Frankenstein.  



I used a little of this



And one of these


I then used my glue gun to glue this lovely black boa around it.


And then Ah HA! My work is complete, my creation realized!



Well, actually it was much cuter and looked a little less scary and a little more like this...

I can't wait to put it on the front door for trick or treaters!

2 comments:

  1. This is just darling!!! I hear ya on not replacing regular candy corn..gotta get it while the getting is good ha! You're so creative and I'm happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and would love to have you as a friend at FrouFrou Decor! I would also like to invite you to link up your sweet creations to my weekly Fabulous Friday Finds party! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ FrouFrou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so cute! I love all the wreaths out there and ones with witches BONUS! I'm with you, I can't believe it's that time of year again...it just goes by WAY to fast!

    ReplyDelete