Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

The Boys Room

Last week I shared with you my youngest, daughters room

 This week we are so excited to almost have it all decorated and  would like to thank every body for all the encouragement and sweet comments!  We have had so much fun with it and it is coming along well.  Everything has just seemed to fall into place exactly how I wanted it to! (don't you just love when that happens!)


This week I am equally as excited to share with you the second of the kids rooms to be finished... the boys room

 My two youngest are both boys and will be sharing this transportation themed room.  The inspiration for this room came from this gorgeous little boys room.  I just love the white slip covered bed. It is so crisp and clean looking  paired with the candy, apple green and red.  Unfortunately with my messy little monsters it would not look quite so crisp and clean at my house.  There is no amount of bleach or optical whiteners that could save it!

For this room Martha Stewart's Hydrangea was used on the ceiling and to paint the area above the road. Under the road we used Behr's Cantaloupe Slice. 





We trimmed out the road using very thin trim. We mitered the corners and used a nail gun to attach it.  







I know that fans are not a popular design choice but, after reading how they may actually decrease SIDS I knew that I wanted one in the babies room.  And when I saw how this fan mimics a propeller and adds to the fun transportation theme I was sold on it!  It has actually become one of my favorite elements of the room.   


  
If you have any questions feel free to ask! Thanks for stopping by!

I am linking this to some of the parties in my sidebar this week:)

3 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! Lucky little boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great room for your boys! Visiting today from NFF.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's going to be SO cute!

    Thanks for linking my Flaunt it Friday party, please come back soon! :)

    ReplyDelete