Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Daughters Room

As I have mentioned before, we have  been working on redoing the kids rooms for a while now and finally after much work, sweat and tears (and many nights of the kids sleeping on the couch).  I am announcing that two of the rooms are completely done!  Woohoo.  With the third room not far behind.  We The hubby tore out the built in desk and wainscoting, re-mudded, smoothed and painted the walls.  Painted the trim white.  New light fixtures were put in to replace dated brass and cut glass ones and new carpet was put in a couple days ago.  We REALLY needed the new carpet our house still had the original carpet that the builder put in it almost thirty years ago. Gross, I know.

 Next comes the fun part moving all the furniture in and decorating!  YAY!  I am so excited to share all of the rooms with you very soon, but for now here is my youngest daughters room, what do you think?  Fit for a princess?!:) She thinks so!

We used this argyle wall tutorial that I found on Design Dazzle;  all you have to do is leave off the dotted line to make it a harlequin pattern.  The colors on the wall are Valspar's Snow Paw and Salmon Bisque.  I can't remember off of the top of my head the name of the blue color that we used on the ceiling but,  if you really want to know just ask and I'm sure I can dig it up somewhere.





13 comments:

  1. I love argyle! You did a lovely job. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome. I love the blue ceiling with the pink walls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the colors! i like that you painted the ceiling a different color that compliments the pink harlequin walls! great job! visiting you via met. monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You so much for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO SO So cute!--It looks like a lot of love and work went into that. Can't wait to see the finished room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, So cute, perfect for a little girl. I love the chandy. Happy Make it for Monday.
    The Swedish Room

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love it! Perfect for any little girl! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet. Can't wait to see it with furniture!
    You should come link this up at Making It With Allie!
    Allie
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful girlie room. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is darling! We just did a pink room, too! But that wall is so impressive!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute room!! I especially love that you painted the ceiling. I did that in my son's room and added vinyl stars(space themed room). Totally makes the room! Visiting from Domestically Speaking.

    ReplyDelete